Thursday, May 29, 2008

Guten Tag aus Deutschland!

No, I'm not going to write this post in German. First of all - I can't. But I am going to write it in English for some obscure reason that is not known even to myself.

So, yes, I am in Germany and more specifically I am staying in Leimen and I work in (or near) Walldorf. First time in Germany, first time on a business trip.

First impressions:
Germany's small towns/villages such as Leimen (yes, it is considered a very small town) seem to have popped out of a comic book - just like Mickey Mouse. I don't know why is that but this is my impression. Everything is well-kept and attended to, everything is clean and ordered. It is not the hospital-grade, sterile cleanness described by some - there is some garbage in the streets, there are some lawns that are not mowed and so on and so forth. It is a bit plastic to me but I think I can get used to it. The air around the town is so calm and peaceful that it's almost unreal. And I'm already a bit bored by traditional German architecture, i.e. those village houses with the crossed wooden beams (*good thing I had a dictionary for this word!*).

Hmm... I think I'll suddenly stop here on Germany and maybe go on later.

Just one line on beer: Franziskaner Hefe Weiss Hell. That's it - you do not need anything else... ;)

Just as a side note - I finished Stephen King's "The Dark Tower". A beautiful story, definitely. I do have some notes of criticism, though, especially on the last book.
No, it's not that I am disappointed with the finish, which I honestly am, but more I am disappointed with the author. He either overdid the heating up and after that, facing the finish, was unable to deliver or really, as said by himself, didn't thing the end is that important. I don't know, yet - "Meditate on this, I will..."

0 comments: